| Career Opportunities |
Quality Assurance - Software Tester
Under general direction, participates in analysis, planning, and testing activities to assure the quality of products prior to releases. Develops software testing documentation to ensure test coverage. Maintains test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in problem resolutions. Design, code and execute both manual and automated test scripts. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. May take part in researching best practices, new tools and technology. Interacts with both internal and external personnel. Participates in agile methodology practices and approaches, including acceptance testing, iteration and release planning, and stand-up meetings. Provides quality assurance on software projects.
- Develops quality assurance requirements and strategies that span the product development life cycle
- Participates in early phases of development projects to provide an end-user and QA perspectives
- Evaluates product specifications for testability
- Develops and continually improves quality assurance methods and systems. Defines requirements for test tools and testing environments
- Prepares and implements quality assurance plans that include project documentation reviews, functional testing and system testing
- Develops, executes methods and procedures for automated and manual product testing to ensure requirements and quality objectives are met
- Evaluates and reports test results
- Identifies, analyzes, and reports product defects and assists with resolution, verifies that corrective actions meet quality objectives
- Provides product support to both internal and external clients
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years related experience
- Advanced computer software skills
- Ability to design and program automated tests and test systems using combinations scripting languages, and other computer programming languages
- Ability to create, execute and document the tests to assure that an application or technical environment meets user functional and performance requirements
- Ability to install and configure hardware as needed to support test efforts
- Working knowledge of software testing techniques, QA theory and methods
- Experience in the Agile methodology is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be able to work with global teams in multiple locations
- Knowledge on how different systems interact, including potential problems and difficulties that may occur
Project Manager (Software Implementation)
Project Manager responsibilities to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of software implementation projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Experience with enterprise solutions (e.g. compliance, document management, SAP, equipment database, EH&S) extremely helpful.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Present and negotiate with customer senior management
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Manage project budget
- Manage project resource allocation
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Quality assurance
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Expect 50-75% travel
- 7+ years of Senior Project Management experience
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of technical software project management techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in technical software project management capacity
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in risk management
- Proven experience in change management
- Experience with ATR PRiSM Suite products or similar safety/compliance software
- Proficient in project management software
- College degree required, Project Management certifications, training required
Technical Documentation Specialist
Looking for experienced FrameMaker technical writer to update software documentation. This is a contract position with potential to hire. Company located in Spring, TX.
- 3-5 years experience in field
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast learner, high productivity
- Technical software documentation experience
- 3+ years experience with FrameMaker
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
| Career Opportunities | Software Instructors
As a Software Trainer, you will develop and conduct training sessions for varying levels of user experience. In addition you will work with customers to help provide hands-on services to help configure the software based on the customer requirements. The majority of training and other services will be performed at the customer sites. You must like to travel and work at off-site locations, including refineries, chemical and energy facilities. We are looking for high-energy, motivated individuals with excellent communications skills and professionalism. We expect candidates to be able to handle multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Review and develop training materials for all core products
- Conduct formal classroom training sessions both in-house and on-site
- Provide hands-on application support and configuration engineering services
Sales Manager/Business Developer
- Strong, articulate communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, presentation)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in training and classroom facilitation
- Dynamic and engaging presentation skills
- Instructional design skills
- Strong technical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to learn new applications, technical concepts, and skills quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience presenting complex technical material to a variety of audiences
- Create high quality training materials and technical documentation
- Proficiency with MS Word and Adobe Acrobat required
- Ability to create and edit Camtasia screen cams for training
- Teaming skills working with customer, programmers, QA, sales and customer service
- Expect 75% travel
The Sales Manager will be a leader who is aggressive, professional, fast-learning with a solid 7-10 year history of sales over-achievement. We are looking for a winner who can sell to top management and executive level management and be able to effectively network to sell $150,000+ solutions. Major experience in the following areas required to hit the ground running:
- Enterprise software sales success with 7-10 years of experience selling $1.5+ million/annually
- Complex sales and consultative sales experience within high risk industries such as chemicals, refining, energy, manufacturing, etc.
- Process Safety Management (OSHA) or related compliance regulations and industry experience/knowledge with high-risk industries (chemicals, refining, nuclear, energy, pharmaceutical and manufacturing, etc.)
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management processes
- Strong interpersonal, networking and leadership skills
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
Software Support Engineer
- Sales and consulting experience to process, manufacturing and energy industries at V.P., plant and operations management level
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise wide solutions including document management, HR, EPSS, equipment, learning management and ERP systems. A good knowledge of chemical, manufacturing, energy, nuclear, pharmaceutical industry and health and safety compliance regulations is extremely helpful
- Must have a proven track record of enterprise-wide software/services personal annual sales of over $1.5 million.
- Makes compelling presentations to a variety of audiences using visual aids, PowerPoint presentations and software demos.
- Excellent cold-call skills
- Closes the sale by addressing customer multi-dimensional pain points and sales barriers
- Consistently identifies new sources of business
- Excellent ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences from management to line personnel
- “Road Warrior” mentality
Works directly with customers to resolve questions and resolve issues. Maintains proactive communication to customer and provides technical troubleshooting and product support services.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Works with technical staff to efficiently solve problems
- Maintain proactive communication with customer on issue resolution
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Onsite support with application installations
- Technical Support Staff occasionally are called upon to train users in existing or new functionality in order to maximize their system's potential and usability
- At least 3 years of experience supporting commercial software applications with external clients
- Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating the ability to work with customers inside or outside of the company
- Superior phone skills, patience and outstanding follow-up ability
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate how our applications can apply to a given customer's environment
- Ability to apply critical thinking to address proprietary enterprise software issues in the midst of an increasing complexity of computer systems including interrelated issues involving accounting software, hardware, network, 3rd party applications
- Ability to work in a team environment, troubleshoot application and technical software problems, end-user consultation, and work independently
- Strong ability to translate business issues into systems and operational solutions for commercial software
- Time management skills to handle multiple task assignments and prioritize work appropriately
- Strong leadership and prioritization skills; ability to build consensus and drive decision making; proven ability to work cross-functionally to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, and to remain current with rapidly developing software in an ever-changing industry
- Strong follow-through, with a willingness to take on whatever tasks are needed to complete the job.
- Ability to own and manage projects from end to end
- Knowledge of IIS 6 and IIS 7
- Windows 2003/2008 Server Administration
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Some Programming language fluency -- C#, .NET / Java
- Working knowledge of SQL with either Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MSSQL 2000/2005/2008