Human and Electronic Evaluation
While SmartProcedure's powerful Step-Analyzer-Module (SAM) scours procedures for risk-based violations and provides a writing assist for the procedure writer, a thorough procedure review requires a subject matter expert to analyze the procedure for content quality and other infractions SAM is not able to evaluate.
A standard evaluation checklist is provided to assist the writers or reviewers in their assessment.
Sample Evaluation Questions
- Is the purpose, objective or intent of the procedure clearly identified?
- Is the skill level necessary to perform the procedure clearly identified?
- Are the conditions that must be met prior to performing the procedure clearly identified?
- Are steps that must be performed in a fixed sequence clearly identified?
- Are Notes, Cautions or Warning statements clearly distinguishable from the action step?
- Are conditional statements easy to understand?
Sample Procedure Evaluation
Download sample procedure evaluation.
View - PDF