What We Do
ATR Technical Writing Services bring consistency, clarity and the power of SmartProcedures® to process industries. Our technical writers integrate human factors into industry-designed templates to produce a safer work environment.
How We Do It
- Our technical writers are certified in SmartProcedures software.
- Our team works directly with your Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure accuracy.
- We utilize Human Factors research conducted at Texas A&M University’s Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center.
- We use SAM (System Analyzer Module) to evaluate grammar, reading level, and other human factors.
- We use locked-down templates that practically eliminate formatting time and cost.
- We create Question Banks that automatically feed into Computer Based-Training (CBT).
- We quickly and easily eliminate inconsistencies across thousands of procedures with global changes.
- We evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your current procedures.
- We work directly with your Subject Matter Experts to rewrite and edit.
- We evaluate the rewritten procedure through SAM to ensure consistency, conciseness, and readability.
- We create human factor based layouts that output to multiple FlexViews and devices.
- We offer procedure writer workshops in-house and/or at our Montana Center for Excellence.
- Plant Managers
- Production Managers
- Operations Managers
- Health and Safety Managers
- Security Managers
- QA/QC Managers
- Field Operators
Provide us with one procedure and we will:
- Evaluate your procedure against industry standards.
- Evaluate your procedure with SAM (System Analyzer Module) for a baseline reading level.
- Rewrite the procedure.
- Re-evaluate the simplified procedure using SAM.
Contact ATR for more information about our technical writing services.